Organizations use their data for decision support and to build data-intensive products and services. The collection of skills required by organizations to support these functions has been grouped under the term “Data Science”. This course will attempt to articulate the expected output of Data Scientists and then equip the students with the ability to deliver against these expectations. The assignments will involve web programming, statistics, and the ability to manipulate data sets with code.
- Instructors: Jeff Hammerbacher and Mike Franklin
- Teaching Assistant: Reynold Xin
- Time: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Location: 240 Bechtel
- Office Hours: TBD
- Discussion: Coursekit
- Data manipulation: Python, R, databases
- Probability and Statistics
There will be up to five coding assignments and a final project for this course. I haven’t defined rigorous grading policies. Attend every class, participate, and do your best on the assignments.